Facial hair can look good, downright sexy on a man; but on a woman ... uh, not so much. There are many of us who experience unwanted facial hair and the struggle in having it removed. Unfortunate as it is, female facial hair is more common that we think.
Regardless of what the cause may be for your issues with facial hair, there are new at-home products that make facial hair removal and bleaching a safe effective way to dealing with unwanted facial hair.
Let's start with guide #1: Facial Hair Removal
An added benefit of this hair removal kit is that it works on all hair types and is dermatologist tested - even those of us with sensitive skin can use this kit without any worries of irritation.
- (1) Apply the Skin Guarding Balm onto the area where hair is to be removed - this will condition + protect the skin preventing irritation and redness. (Side note: this balm can be reapplied to skin after hair removal as added protection.)
- (2) Gently squeeze the Hair Removal Cream tube to dispense product, spreading a thick layer to completely cover hair using the contoured applicator (you can also use your fingertips if this is easier). IMPORTANT: Whatever you do, DO NOT rub the cream into your skin!
- (3) Wait patiently for eight minutes.
- (4) Wipe the cream away using the Cleanse & Smooth Wipes. These wipes are very soft, soothing and conditioning to your skin.
All it takes is three simple steps and eight minutes to remove any unwanted facial hair.
Now, let's look at guide #2: Facial Hair Lightening
The Jolen Creme Bleach lightens noticeable hair gently, making it virtually invisible. Although this guide is more for facial hair (ie, eyebrows, upper lip, cheeks and chin) this creme can also be used to lighten hair on arms, thighs, stomach and back.
This creme bleach can be found in two formulas: original and sensitive.
The sensitive formula has aloe vera which is ideal for more delicate skin. (This is the formula I like to use).
Here are my personal results so you can see how well this creme bleach actually works.
To get similar results as I did, just follow these steps when using the Jolen Creme Bleach:
- (1). Wash the area where the bleach is to be applied with soap + cold water, then pat dry.
- (2) Using the spatula (comes in box) measure about 1/4 tsp of accelerator powder + 1/2 tsp of cream into the mixing cup (comes in box). Mix these together until well blended.
- (3) Apply onto area using spatula - making sure to cover the hair completely.
- (4) Wait 10 minutes. (you can use this time to scroll through your Insta feed, or just sit back and chill).
- (5) Remove cream with spatula; wash area with cold water.
Using both of the new at-home products from Jolen is really just that simple. Both are great products for people with sensitive skin, the results are almost immediate, they are inexpensive and more importantly - Jolen products are effective.
I always try to have them both on hand, especially during the spring and summer months.
For an entire list of retailers to purchase any of the Jolen products, click here.
As a special BONUS the wonderful peeps at Jolen are hosting an amazing event: Bleach to Bare Giveaway, where more than 50 winners will have the chance to win ULTA Beauty gift cards, FREE Jolen products and other fun summer essentials.
Giveaway ends on May 8, 2015.Stay connected to Jolen for offers, giveaways and the latest in beauty tricks from celebrity makeup artists on our Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram pages.
This is a sponsored, product-provided conversation written by me on behalf of Jolen. The opinions and text are all mine.