Monday, October 22, 2012
Stay Rejuvenated and Motivated...You need it!
Sometimes motivation is hard to grasp. It's a normal thing but in more cases than not, having lack of motivation does more harm than good. As of the last few days, or dare I say weeks, motivation has certainly left me behind in complete darkness.
Has this ever happened to you?
Life has its moments. There are times when everything appears to go as we have planned. Other times when it's just the opposite; it seems that everything we do, every action we take just leads us further away from our goals, making it seem as if that dark cloud hanging over our heads will never leave.
Sound familiar? I thought so. Which is what brings me to today's post.
One of my favorite hobbies to do when I lack motivation is to read. Reading is a pastime that I have always enjoyed doing - even as a young child. I can easily recall going to the library or book store then coming home, locking myself in my room to just sit on the bed and read...read...and read. Maybe this was my way of escaping my own "hum-drum" reality but none the less, reading is an activity that I still do today.
It just so happens, last week was an extremely non-motivational week for me. I was lacking motivation to such an extent, I did not do any work of any kind. By mid-week, I woke up feeling an urge to grab my IPAD2, make a nook on my side of the bed and just bury my face in it and read...read...and do some more reading!
While reading, I came across Starbucks Refreshers. The article listed a few tips that can help you rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit. I found these tips to be extremely helpful in getting my "mojo" back! I immediately thought, "if this helped me I can only imagine it can certainly help my readers and friends".
Here are the Rejuvenation Nation tips that spoke to me the most:
1. Take an online class. - Although this seems as a good idea, unfortunately most of us do not have the time to spare for a class. However, there is a solution: Find a one hour webinar on a subject that peeks your interest. Most webinars are free which is an added plus. I am registered with Eventbrite for this same reason. Eventbrite will email you with detailed information about local or online events that may suite your interest. If you are not registered with them, I would highly recommend it!
2. Create a book reading list. - Need I say more?
3. Take a healthy getaway. - This may appear to be a costly idea but it really doesn't need to be. I have found that going to the park, or downtown by the waterfront can be very helpful, especially during those moments when anxiety and panic seem to take over.
4. Get some scents. - Yes, sometimes experiencing certain scents can help alleviate our spirits. Having relaxing aromatherapy blends available can certainly calm down our nerves. Lately, I have found myself buying Soy Candles (the Diamond Candles are my favorites!) - they smell amazing, the scent is long-lasting and they get the job done!
5. Plan a date with someone special: YOURSELF! - As simple as this seems, spending quality time with ourselves is something us women tend NOT to do. I have realized (as an adult) that this is a huge mistake! If you do not take the time to treat yourself to some "me time", you will not be able to find balance within yourself and your surroundings and that is not healthy. One idea I can recommend is having a mini-spa date. It doesn't cost much and if you like, it can be done in the comfort of your own home. Sometimes, all you really need is to pamper yourself a little by giving yourself facials, hair treatments, or even a foot massage - trust me, this can certainly work wonders. But, if this is not up your alley, treat yourself to a movie or just go out to lunch..Anything, just DO something..YOU DESERVE IT!
And there you have it...
Five simple tips to keep in mind during those dark days when motivation has left you in the dark. There's absolutely no reason why you should stay feeling unmotivated - on the contrary, take small steps towards keeping your mind, body and spirit rejuvenated!
Now it's your turn: What do you do to feel rejuvenated and motivated? Please feel free to share your ideas with us - we love to hear from you! Leave your thoughts in the comments, on facebook, twitter or even pinterest!