Friday, April 3, 2015

My Four Morning Routine Essentials + One Must Have Item

My Morning Routine Essentials + One Must Have Item 

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. This articles content and images are mine alone.  #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias 






Years ago, when I worked in the corporate world my mornings were pretty much "robotic" - nothing about my morning routine was, let's say, special.  My mornings were literally like the phrase,"same thing, different day." 

It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned to truly enjoy my morning routine. I will admit, most of it is because now I work for myself, but I still have a family to take care of and a house to run, so making the most of my mornings is essential, no let me take that back; making the most of my mornings is crucial - not only for my survival but for theirs too. 

So, what are my four morning routine essentials and one must have item?   


PREPARATION IS KEY  





That's right. I prepare for my morning the night before. I always make sure that my coffee mug (I love that owl - crazy eyes and all!) is placed under the Keurig with a spoon right in front and a bag of McCafé coffee is right next to it all. You maybe wondering why I buy the premium bag vs the pods. Well, the pods do not last more than a few days because we are heavy coffee drinkers and at least with the bags I don't have to run to the store that often. 

Making sure that at least this part is taken care of, makes it easier for my next essential. 

RISE AND SHINE 



Believe it or not, the more time you have in the morning, the less time you'll actually need to get your day started. I learned this the hard way.  Now I make sure that I am the first one up at the crack of dawn (this is why preparing the "coffee station" beforehand is key) with nothing but my morning brew, iPad and headphones. When the house is this quiet, I have found that sipping on my first cup of McCafé while listening to a meditation app, helps center my thoughts, allowing me to schedule my entire day more effectively. 


NO FUSS BREAKFAST 



Having the extra time to myself makes it easier to decide what to have for breakfast. By this time, on most days, the hubs has left for work and lil diva is at school.  For the most part, I tend to eat something that is relatively quick, like a smoothie or a bowl of fruit. Lately, with the temps being on the cooler side I just make a bowl of farina, drizzle a little almond milk on top with a side of McCafé Columbian coffee and I'm good to go! 

MID-MORNING "ME TIME" 


Confession: This is not exactly a part of my morning routine, but it is something that I do religiously - every day, which makes it an essential. 




Once I have handled the most important tasks of my work day (fulfilling/shipping orders, answering emails, drafting articles, taking photos, ordering inventory, etc.) I make it a point to walk away from the office. Some days I will lie down and take a nap.  Other days, I will make a fresh cup of McCafé Colombian coffee, grab one of the latest fashion magazines I have laying around or a book that I may be reading, and just chill.  

Sometimes doing a "mindless" task like skimming through a magazine is exactly what I need to spark my creativity. After a while, my mind is racing with ideas and I'm feeling ready to get back at it. 

ONE MUST HAVE ITEM


Let's see how observant you are. Did you notice what my one must have item is?  Yep, my one all-time must have item is Coffee. 



What coffee have I been drinking as of late?  For the past few weeks, I have really be enjoying the flavors of McCafé Coffee. Of the eight flavor options, my two go-to flavors are Colombian and Premium Roast. As you can see, I like my coffee served completely naked (no milk or creamer) and semi-sweet. My first cup is always the Colombian since it is medium dark and stronger in flavor that the Premium Roast.  


My Four Mourning Routine Essentials + One Must Have Item - The Daily Fashion and Beauty News


There's nothing better than the smell of 100% Arabica Beans brewing in the morning - who am I kidding? That glorious smell draws me in any time of the day. 

If you are a coffee drinker, you should really try the new McCafé Coffee. The coffee is available at many local retailers, including Walmart. You'll find the McCafé Coffee Premium bags and pods in the coffee aisle. 


Hopefully my four morning routine essentials (+ one must have item) has inspired you to make the most of your mornings. I know from experience that mornings can be a drag, but trust me when I tell you, doing any of these essentials will help make your morning routine less stressful and more enjoyable. 

Do you have any tips or morning routine essentials that help you get your day started? 

3 comments:

  1. I need to get better at scheduling my "me time". A nice, large cup of McCafé coffee sounds like the perfect way to grab a few moments to myself! Thanks for sharing! #client

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie - Indeed. Trust me on this one - once you start scheduling your "me time" it will be extremely hard to stop - but it is so worth it! Especially when you add in a cup of cafe ;)

      Delete
  2. Some simple hair care tips can make all the difference in boosting your hair health. - hair fall treatment

    ReplyDelete