Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Four Simple Pointers for Oily Skin using PONDS

FTC: This is a compensated article in collaboration with POND'S® and Latina Bloggers Connect. All statements made are 100% my own.

Four Simple Pointers for Oily Skin using PONDS






Having oily skin has its ups and downs. On the positive side, oily skin typically retains its youthful appearance for a longer period of time. Granted, this is one of the BEST ups of being a grease ball, however the unfortunate downsides are many.  Makeup does not last for long periods of time, pores can be seen a mile away due to their larger than life size, skin tends to breakout easier, and the cons go on and on…I could mention them all, but I won’t. 


Instead of talking about how frustrating oily skin can be, let me share a few changes I have made to my beauty routine that have been helping the overall condition of my oily skin.

1. Going Vegan


When I say “going vegan”, you probably thought I was referring to my diet, not to say that being vegan would be a bad thing, but what I’m really talking about are skincare products. For the past eight months I have only used vegan (organic) cleansers and scrubs with black charcoal as the main ingredient. I have been using these daily – morning and night – with great results. 

2. Wet Cleansing Towelettes



oliy skin ponds towelettes


Having a bag of wet cleansing towelettes nearby is essential for me. I use them almost daily – even when I have no makeup on. On a typical makeup day, I like to use a cleansing towelette to remove the top layer of makeup from my skin. 

Over the years, I have tried out many different types – including fragrance free baby wipes – but none have worked for my oily skin like the POND'S® Towelettes. I love using the original fresh ones with Vitamin E. 

These towelettes remain wet inside the packaging, which is extremely important because they easily remove all my makeup, even my mascara in one single swipe. 


oily skin using ponds photo collage



POND'S®  Towelettes are soft to the touch, but textured; not only are you wiping off your makeup, you’re gently exfoliating your skin at the same time. 

My skin is always left feeling fresh and smooth, not tight or overly dry. 






3. Using Konjac Sponges & Facial Cleansing Brush


There was a time when I preferred to use a clean washcloth to scrub my face after removing my makeup, but after having serious breakouts that would spread over my entire face and neck, I eventually stopped. For the past two years, I have been using a konjac sponge in the morning which is gentler than the facial cleansing brush since I only need to wash off any residue from my nightly skin care products.  At night however, after I have cleaned my face using a POND’S Towelette, I like to use my facial cleansing brush while in the shower to eliminate any makeup residue. 

4. Lock in Hydration




oily skin ponds bio-hydratante hydration cream



Most people think that if they have oily skin, they can skip applying moisturizer to their face. This is a HUGE mistake! Oily skin NEEDS hydration just like any other skin type. 

After cleaning your skin, it needs to be replenished again. If you do not apply anything on your skin, you will notice that your skin will produce an insane amount of sebum (oil) compensating for the lack of hydration.  This is exactly what you want to avoid. 

As someone who loves to try out any and every skin care product known to man, I have opted to use only one moisturizer: POND'S® Bio-Hydratante Hydration Cream

POND'S®  Bio-Hydratante Hydration Cream is very light on the skin – with cotton extract as the main ingredient, this cream has a thin gel like consistency for lightweight moisturization. Once it’s been applied and absorbed by my skin, there are no traces of greasy residue left behind making it the perfect cream to use before makeup application. 

Although, I only apply this cream in the morning due to the fact that my dermatologist has me on a prescribed skin care routine at night, I can definitely feel a difference. 


In a nutshell this is what I have been doing for the past few months with reasonably good results. I won’t lie, there are days when I can actually feel the oils just seeping from my pores (gross, huh?) but days like those do not happen that often. 


Now, as far as the oily skin care products go, you might need to try out a few before you arrive at the one that is really suitable for your skin. I do highly recommend both the POND'S®  Towelettes and Bio-Hydrante Hydration Cream for all my oily skin sistah's. 

Always keep in mind that when making slight changes to your beauty routine, specifically skin care, it can take a good 4-6 weeks before you begin to see results.


Image 1

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah - Right? I can recall my mom using Ponds products when I was a child - they've come a long way since then IMO, but I have to say that their products have never disappointed me (or my skin).

    Thank you for reading the article and sharing a comment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! Managing oily skin can be a challenge. PONDS has always been a go-to for skincare. Adding Organic Skin Care Products to the routine can enhance the results naturally. 🌱

    ReplyDelete