A part of being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle includes practicing good oral health. With that being said, one question becomes evident: What is considered to be good or optimal oral health?
The answer to this question is quite obvious: Optimal oral health is having a clean mouth that is free from plaque and debris; a mouth with pink gums in color and having odorless breath.
Of course, this is something we all are aware of, but do we really practice oral hygiene? If you are a parent to young children, are you making sure they know the steps to having a healthy mouth?
If you are asking yourself these questions and find yourself a little in doubt, that's okay. It's a natural part of life. Sometimes the most obvious of things are often forgotten or just over looked. But, that does not mean that this can not be turned around - because it can!
Here are a few easy tips to help you teach children how to obtain good oral hygiene:
- If you have infant children, brush their teeth as soon as they appear. This can be done with plain water and a small infant toothbrush.
- Once child can hold a toothbrush in their hand independently, teach them how to use the brush against their teeth.
- Always use toothpaste that contains flouride as an ingredient. Flouride helps prevent cavities.
- Teach children to brush teeth twice a day for about 2-3 minutes long each time.
- Toothbrushes should be replaced every three (3) months. Investing in electric toothbrushes is highly recommended: Electric brushes are up to 159% more effective vs using a manual toothbrush.
- Along with brushing teeth - children need to learn how to clean their tongue and how to floss. Flossing should never be overlooked - not even by adults - this is a very important step to keeping a healthy mouth being that brushing alone is NOT enough!
Teaching children to floss does not need to be difficult or a daunting task. The easiest way to help smaller children (and children of any age) with flossing is by using the Waterpik® Water Flosser For Kids.
The Waterpik® Water Flosser For Kids is truly amazing. It's very easy to use and is up to 3x as effective as using dental floss and 1000x more fun!
The Waterpik® Water Flosser For Kids is recommended for children 6 yrs and over. The flosser comes with two (2) cleaning tips: a Classic Jet Tip and a Orthodontic Tip. Kids with braces will find this flosser to be very useful in getting all the food debris removed from their teeth by using just plain water or mouthwash in the flosser's reservoir. (Make sure to see the Back to School offer from Waterpick at the end of post!)
Flossing is such an important step to oral hygiene that it is highly recommended for everyone to practice flossing. Which is why Waterpick also has the Waterpik® Complete Care for adults.
The Waterpik® Complete Care System is equipped with five (5) water Flosser Jet Tips, two (2) Sensonic brush heads, a Premium toothbrush travel case among a few other things. This system can be used with water or a mouthwash. The Waterpik® Complete Care System can be used by anyone, especially for adults who have braces, dental implants, crowns, bridges, and even veneers! The Waterpik® Complete Care is especially effective because of the superior combination of the Water Flossing and Sonic Brushing all in one system.
Waterpick understands that flossing is a crucial step in practicing good oral health. As such, they have two (2) great offers going on that I am allowed to share with you.
These are the offers available to all of our wonderful readers:
and here's a $10 Savings Coupon on the Complete Care system, which can be found on Water Pik's newest site.
Please click on the following links for more detailed information and benefits of The Waterpik® Water Flosser For Kids and Waterpik® Complete Care.
Disclosure: I have received free product in exchange for this post. All opinions stated here are 100% my own.
Now it's your turn: How often do you floss? If you have smaller children, do you think that they would enjoy using the Water Flosser for Kids?